If you bookmark specific messages on Slack, it will automatically create a new note on Kibela. This will help transfer important information to Kibela and avoid getting lost in the message feed.
This feature uses Zapier.
Create a new account on Zapier (free).
- Log in to Zapier
- Click “Make a zap”
- Name your zap
- Set up a Slack trigger. Select Slack from the app list, then “New saved messages,” and “Continue.”
- Select your Slack account from “Choose Account,” then click “Continue.” Click “Test your trigger” to see if a bookmarked message on Slack appears.
- If the bookmarked message appears, the test is successful.
- Set up an event for Kibela. Select “Kibela” from the app list, then “Create New Note” and “Continue.”
- Select your Kibela team, then click “Continue.”
- Set up how you wish new notes are created. “Text” refers to the contents in the note. The note title is the Slack user’s “User real name” and “Channel name.” Select “Home” for the note’s destination, and click “Continue” (if necessary, set up the note’s destination folder).
- “Click “Test & Continue.” If the test is successful, you will see the message “A test note was sent to Kibela just now” both on Zapier and on Kibela.
Check if the note has been created on Kibela.
- Click “Turn on zap.”
To run this feature, click the bookmark icon to automate a new note on Kibela.
- Only one group can be set as the note’s destination.
If you wish to move the note to a different group, you will need to do that manually after the note is created.
- Users who want to use this feature must integrate their accounts on Zapier. As Slack bookmarks are personal - only visible to that user, you cannot share a single Zapier account among your team members.