Use templates to ease the task of writing recurring notes such as daily reports or meeting minutes.
Templates are shared with your team, which can help reduce the routine task for everyone.
Create new template
- Click “Settings” on the drop down menu.
- Select "Template Management" and click "Add Template" located in the upper right corner.
- On the template edit screen, enter variables such as category, title, and text. You can set the destination of the published note to a specific folder in advance. See image below for examples of variables.
- Name the template, set the destination group, then click “Create.” The template will be shared with your team, so give it a name that’s easily identifiable.
- Once created, the template will show up on the template management screen. You can edit and delete templates here.
Using templates to create a note
Now that you’ve created a template, let’s use it to write a note.
- Click the “Write a note” button and select a template from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the text and publish.
Working with template variables
Use template variables to automatically embed dates and names. See below for examples.
The year the note was written (example: 2019)
The month the note was written (example: 2)
The day the note was written (example: 15)
The author’s username (example: Kibe-san)
The author’s real name (example: Kibe)
*Note: template variables can only be used for the folder name and title of the note.